Woah! It’s been quite some time since I even came here in my blog Dashboard.
I’m 27 year old now (that happened about 2 months back, yeah but the nerves to my hands don’t fire that fast these days), and trying (and succeeding to a degree) to convince my mom I don’t need a marriage yet. Now don’t stare stupidly; the figure is right – 27. And the grass on the other side of the hill is still green. I’m still having fun in life, albeit in parts.
I still look the same, still behave the same. You will not know that I’m 27 if I don’t tell you. Some people have even said, “Yeah right! Who are you trying to fool?”, when I tell them how old I am. Then I’d have to flash my Driver’s License to prove my age. Hey, but at least the waitress at Ruckus bar didn’t say to me “What do you want, Sweetie?” with motherly affection, unlike to some others.
Grad life and Facebook have nearly killed my blog, because I seldom find the words or time to express myself these days. I should devote more time to my blog (Yeah! I know!). It will start in mid-May, when I graduate, because I will have no job other than job hunting after that. But for now, bullet points.
- I still am, among other things, weird, emotional, outspoken and dreamy.
- I still can joke with a straight face, and people will keep wondering whether that was a serious statement or a joke.
- In the last two years, I changed from a well-paid money launderer to a broke grad student with absolutely zero bank balance.
- I started learning the piano with a little bit of help.
- Useless TV shows which I never miss – 24, The Big Bang Theory, House, WWE and Idea Star Singer
- KBCT (Kerala born Confused Tamilian) syndrome will kick in next year if there is an IPL team called Cochin Coconuts. Who will I support then? CSK or CC? Oh… I still don’t like Cricket.. But IPL is different.. I already miss the MRF Blimp.
- Talking about IPL, I got curious about Karbonn Mobile after seeing the utter plug(Utter in NITC lingo=very bad… Of pathetic quality. Short for atrocious) of Karbonn Kamaal Katch. I checked the Store locator, and sure enough, the default location was Kunnamkulam-Kerala.
- For non-mallus, Kunnamkulam is the infamous place where you get low quality duplicates of any brand in the world.. Examples which I have seen include “NESTEL KATKIT” chocolate and “BISMILLARI” bottled water.
- Fun Resolution #1: I will sweep the Bohemian off her feet, come Fall 2010. If nothing else works, I have a few banana skins handy for her to step on and slip, but I.Am.Gonna.Make.Her.Fall.For.Me. (The Bohemian Gimmick is getting a bit trite.. for those who know.. so this is probably the last one.)
- Fun Resolution #2: I am going to start saving money to buy an Audi A8. Then I will hunt Lakshmi down, wherever in the world she is, and show that I now have a car with a V8 engine, much better than a V6 engine. I will even show V8 written in the back of my car, and say “Dandanakka!”
- Fun Resolution #3: I am really gonna walk around Avent Ferry Rd wearing a white blanket over my head at 1am, just to freak people out. But I hope the 911 will ignore calls about sighting of ghosts.
That’s all I can think from the back of my mind right now.. I don’t wanna write anything serious in this post. They are reserved for a string of future ones starting in about a fortnight.
I hope I get my funny charm back by then.
8 thoughts on “The grass on the other side of the hill”
Ha ha!! Good one 🙂 Keep it coming!
I like the V8 part:) looking forward to the free ride in an Audi 🙂 If you have so much money, support me as well- in the coming months 🙂
Which part did u like? I don’t really need an Audi to say Dandanakka to you..
Sorry no money… I said I’m going to save money to buy.. 😛
Really are you 27 yo. Good for you for looking young, just like me. 😉
Shameless plug! Shameless plug! 😛
There were plenty of other interesting Kunnamkulam stuff as well.. ‘Pespi’ & ‘Spirite’ cool drinks , Samsong TV 🙂
Of course dude… But I think Bismillari takes the cake for creative naming. 😛
Anyways… all the best for ur Audi plans! But, please don’t buy it from Kunnamkulam. You might have to drive Oudi instead! 😛
LOL. Good one.. See I told you! 😀