I nicked this idea from one of the blogs that I read – Gypsy. But, what the hell…everyone can have their own list. I’m amazed why this didn’t become a tag though. So I’m gonna make this a tag. This, as the title says is a list of superlatives. You can add any list of superlatives of last year, but keep it to a maximum of 5 items per list. (For eg: Books I struggled to finish is my invention)
Top 5 moments of the year:
- I “apparently” hurt my right elbow while doing pull-ups and had to undergo a surgery, and the funniest part was that it was not for any injury.
- My hard disk crashed a week after Times of India wrote that whoever had 320 GB of hard disk space were terrorists, depriving me of a place in the coveted list.
- My cousin Kavita appearing out of thin air and getting in touch after about 10 years. I should thank Orkut for that.
- My car was hit by another car on the side, deforming the left rear door. This made me think that whoever buys new cars in Bangalore should be mentally tough enough to see their car turn into an ugly piece of metal. Ladies, sorry to say this. Guys, please keep some distance with vehicles driven by ladies. There may be some good drivers among the ladies, but the truth is that a majority of them don’t know what to do under stress while driving.
- Ahh..the marriage proposals…how can I forget that? It seems my relatives are more eager to see me caged than anybody else. Thank God that my parents are understanding. Let me count… I got 4 marriage proposals, all of which were rejected rather mercilessly even before the topic gathered heat.
Best 5 movies that I watched: (Released this year)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (This might be highly biased)
- The Bourne Ultimatum (Except for the shaky camera at some places, which almost gave me a headache. The story was well paced and just good.)
- Die Hard 4.0 (A good action movie after “True Lies”)
- Chak De India (Need I say any more?)
Best 5 movies: (Released earlier and watched from home)
- The Departed (DiCaprio proved that he is not some chocolate boy who spits the farthest.)
- The Shawshank Redemption (Yeah.. I got around to watching it only last year)
- The Prestige (Another well-crafted movie from Christopher Nolan. Amazing performance from Christian Bale.)
- Rear Window (Hitchcock all the way! Believe it or not, all scenes except the climax were shot from a single room!)
- Sin City
There are more (Amelie, Run Lola Run, Das Boot, Nuovo Cinema Paradiso) but the list says only 5 🙁
Worst 5 movies:
- Ghostrider (Why, oh, why did I watch a movie with Nicholas Cage in it? He just sucks. Period.)
- Wild Hogs (Comedy which made me sick.)
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- Billa (But it was worth the money because of Nayantara *EVIL GRIN*)
- Om Shanti Om
Best 5 books:
- The picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – JK Rowling
- The Argumentative Indian – Amartya Sen
- Three Men on the Bummel – Jerome K Jerome (Not quite as good as it’s prequel, but still utterly hilarious)
- Cryptonomicon – Neal Stephenson (This is an amazing book. Became a big fan of Stephenson after reading this book)
5 books which I struggled to finish (Because I fell asleep before completing a page)
- Crisis – Robin Cook (I think this will be my first and last Robin Cook book. I don’t like his writing style)
- Cold Mountain – Charles Frazier (A really sloth novel with too much detail about the surroundings than the characters.)
- Asterix and the Class Act (Class Act is not an Asterix story. It is rather a collection of Asterix short stories. This was not remotely as funny as the stories.)
I don’t think there are more 🙂
- My new T-shirt (okay I bought it this year, but I like to cheat) which reads:
Alcohol and Calculus do not mix…Never drink and derive.
- The 160GB Seagate Barracuda hard disk which crashed.
- My personal web space.
- Rubik Cube from CMH Road while at the junction. Bought it for just 30 rupees (He started from 60 rupees and I started from 20 rupees. Quite a bargain, ain’t it?), but I am becoming increasingly addicted to it nowadays. My fastest time: 7 minutes 13 seconds. (Nowhere near Ajith‘s abilities, but I think it is good enough for an amateur with 1 month of Rubik Cube solving experience) Later, I went to Landmark in search of a better Rubik Cube, but I found the exact same make which was worth 90 rupees.
I now throw this tag open. I don’t like being partial. Anybody who likes can take it. Only condition is that you have to let me know by commenting here. :p